Sunday, September 05, 2004

Instalanche

During the past two weeks my blog has been linked to by Glenn Reynolds' Instapundit on three separate occasions (and Glenn was also nice enough to link to me in his MSNBC.com column). In addition - I was also linked to by NRO's Kerry Spot and by Stephen Green the Vodkapundit.

The end result has been 56,000 visitors worth of traffic to my humble blog during this two-week period. Compare that to the fact that I had just 13,000 visitors during my first five months of blogging and you can begin to understand why I am now smiling all the time (but don't tell my wife - she thinks its because of her new hair style).

Many of the people who visited because of the Instalinks have come back to see what else is new and this too has affected the traffic on my site. Before the Instalanches my best day was 300 visitors (that happened twice). Now my daily traffic is up to between 500-600 visitors per day. Reaching more people is so very satisfying for a blogger.

Probably the nicest side effect to the Instalanches has been the fact that many people who I was not previously aware of have added me to their blogrolls because they feel what I write is worthy of recommendation. This truly is the nicest feeling of all and to those bloggers who have added me to their blogroll - I say "Thank You".

To try and return the favor I have added California Yankee / The Commons at Paulie World / The Crusader / Desert Tusk / dislogue / GOP and the City / Pattern Perception / Squidly / and Unconventional Wisdom to my blogroll (please note that there is no real rhyme or reason to how my blogroll is arranged - it just kinda grew that way like a gnarled tree - and if I overlooked anyone please let me know).

To Glenn Reynolds I offer my public and most sincere thanks for the links. I also want to thank all the new visitors to the site and in the words of Jed Clampett, "You all come back - you hear."

Note: in case you are interested - the three posts Instapundit linked to were No Way to Run a Campaign / M*A*S*H Veteran Doctors for Truth / and Republican Pranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment