Friday, September 04, 2009

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I love that football is back! Yeah baby!... I also love that the old Pedro is back. I was somewhat afraid that he'd come back and embarrass himself. He could actually walk away from this season back on top no matter what he does with the rest of his starts. And given how John Smoltz and Brad Penny fared - it was a good thing that he did not attempt to come back with the Red Sox... At a poker game on Wednesday two guys were going on about how Oregon was going to route Boise State. I should have known that if these two guys were so far into the Oregon camp that Boise State would be a lock... Rimshot... Last night also (re)taught us that when you have an SEC team matched up against an ACC team - take the SEC team! I know that last season ACC teams were 6-4 against the SEC in the regular season - so why does it seem like the SEC always beats ACC teams? Having said that - I'm not sure about Alabama against Virginia Tech...

No comments:

Post a Comment