Thursday, July 07, 2011

Red Sox Magic Number - 76


With the Red Sox win over Baltimore and the Yankees loss to Tampa Bay - Boston moves back into first place in the AL East and also reduced their magic number to 76.

My initial reaction to the number 76 is to make the crack about the atomic number of osmium being 76 and osmium being the densest natural element with sports radio callers being the second densest naturally occurring element. I've made that joke before so instead I figured I would mention that the USS Ronald Reagan is CVN 76. I saw the USS Ronald Reagan in San Diego and was properly awed by the sight.

The Red Sox don't have close to the firepower of the USS Ronald Reagan but I think the Orioles were properly awed by the six home runs hit against them in the 10-3 Red Sox victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment