Saturday, October 05, 2013

Boom Boom - Out Go the Lights

Was driving home the other night and scanning through the radio I came upon Pat Travers Boom Boom Out Go the Lights.



Always liked the song but I think this is the first time I ever really listened to the lyrics and realized he's talking about punching his girlfriend. Holy crap! And the crowd eats it up. Really was a eye opener. It also got me thinking about other songs about men hitting women.

Only Women Bleed - Alice Cooper

Better Man - Pearl Jam

Every Breath You Take - Police (maybe not about hitting but it is a serious stalker song some people use at weddings!)

Any others?

2 comments:

  1. I saw Pat Travers from the waist up in Springfield, along with Krokus and Richie Blackmore's Rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Wife by The Who is about potential spousal abuse, although certainly tongue-in-cheek.

    ReplyDelete