Friday, December 02, 2022

Quotes for Today

 Some quotes that I hope may resonate with you.

"When I get a little money, I buy books. And if there is any left over, I buy food." - Erasmus

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitude." - William James

"You accomplish more when you try to do something rather than try to be someone." - Shane Parrish

"When I was a boy the news was half an hour. A guy would come on, wear a tie, give you 30 minutes. That was the whole news. Now they have entire channels - 24 hours of constant, nonstop news. Turns out, back in the old days... they had it about right." - Norm MacDonald

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:00 AM

    "When I was a boy the news was half an hour."
    Not e-zakly. It originally was 15 minutes.

    1800 local daily:
    Guy in a suit reading the news from sheets of paper. 8 minutes
    Same guy in a suit reading the weather forecast. 2 minutes
    Same guy in a suit reading the sports scores. 4 minutes
    One 60 second commercial.
    Done

    1815 local:
    "Kukla, Fran and Ollie." 15 minutes (semi-adult puppet show)

    1830 local:
    Whatever programming was available.

    Them was the days. Ain't no more, alas.

    ReplyDelete