Thursday, September 26, 2024

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Study find psilocybin gives comparable long-term antidepressant effects to standard antidepressants. I know I'm not depressed.

- VDH on our so-called "experts"

- "Severe" solar storm may bring the Northern Lights as far as the Deep South

- The biggest scandal in modern American history that nobody seems to care about. Understanding the situation makes it clear who to vote for in November.

2 comments:

  1. Current day "experts" have blossomed thanks to Mad Media. Those "experts" use the same methods, or lack of, as peer review medical/scientific occurs these days. That is, glance, turn page, sign.

    [My Wx software is running and I'm watching Helene at same Lat as Key West right now. Don't wish bad on the Panhandle, but I sure hope she doesn't jog eastward as she moves northward. Currently we expect only TS conditions.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I see anyone quoting experts these days I remember the Richard Feynman quote that you could have a PhD and still be an idiot. I also remember as a kid that he "experts" were predicting we would have a new ice age by now.

    BTW - hope anyone who may be in the path of the hurricane stays safe,

    ReplyDelete