Monday, June 11, 2007

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

"Teacher says that every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings." Did Zuzu from It's a Wonderful Life write the ending to the finale of the Sopranos? Did my cable go out for a few seconds and I missed the ending? Did David Chase film several endings but then forget to splice in the one he wanted to use? I think the only finale to a long running show that actually worked well was the ending to the second Newhart show where Bob ends up in bed with Suzanne Pleshette and the whole bed and breakfast thing in Vermont was a dream... This is a funny commercial that will never be aired on TV... When I was growing up men's tennis was a big deal. Now its unwatchable. A big serve and maybe one volley if you are lucky. That's just plain boring. It used to be you'd have a volley that went back and forth several times. The equipment is probably as much to blame as anything. I wonder if tennis went back to wood rackets if the excitement could return? As far as the women are concerned - Justine Henin just won her third straight French Open and when I saw highlights I realized that I had never heard of Justine Henin before (and I consider myself a sports fan)... Apropo of the Sopranos ending last night - today is Tony Suck's birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment