Monday, October 29, 2012

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I stayed up last night to watch the final out of the World Series. I have to agree with Chad Finn of the Boston Globe that the Erin Andrews interview of Marco Scuturo may have been the worst live interview in the history of TV... Steve Jobs made small devices that were elegant and utilitarian but I have to say that his yacht is gigantic, butt-ass ugly and I'm not sure how well it would fare in a storm... Random fact about me - when I was younger I memorized both the lyrics to REM's It's the End of the World As We Know It and the words on the Budweiser label (this is the famous Budweiser beer)... Notre Dame is for real! Who saw this coming?... Would "The Taint of Destiny" be a good name for a fantasy football team?... This place looks awesome! Not a fan of going shopping but I would frequent this store on a regular basis if there was one near me. A "liquid delicatessen" what a great idea... The things you learn from the Internet - the word "listen" contains the same letters as the word "silent"... Fordham's kicker, Patrick Murray, has an NFL caliber leg. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing on Sunday's... If Barack Obama loses the election - the combination of Michele's expensive tastes and his Jimmy Carter level incompetence may narrow his earning potential to the point where he could be broke in five years...

3 comments:

  1. I don't hate a lot of college teams, but I hate Notre Dame almost as much as Penn State.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about this for a few days - and I can't recall really hating any college teams. Maybe its because I'm a Boston pro-sports fan and never really was a college first type guy. There have been some pro teams that I've hated but some of those teams I've come to appreciate. Like Magic's Lakers back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not the teams I hate, it's the institutions. The teams are just representatives of their whoring universities. Those two have caught my attention and stand slightly above the other whores.

    ReplyDelete