Monday, October 18, 2004

MMQB Review

Here are the five things I think I think about today's Monday Morning Quarterback column by Peter King:

1. King calls Terrel Owens "The Solution". Is that really Owens official nickname or is King just trying to set a trend? Did I miss the memo on that one?

2. Dear Penthouse - I never thought this could happen to me:
Last week, HBO dispatched me to Philadelphia to interview Owens for Inside the NFL. We were supposed to have 20 minutes. We had 55. We sat on stools so close that my left leg was touching his right leg the entire time.
Just then an angry Frank Costanza burst into the HBO studios and yelled, "That's my move. Stopping short and the leg on leg interview - those are my moves! Serenity now!"

3. King and Owens talk about Owens breaking his collarbone last year. I never heard this before. Owens said it wasn't a big deal. I broke my collar bone and it was VERY painful (of course I was in second grade at the time).

4. "Indianapolis (5-1). On his bye Sunday, I am guessing Peyton Manning watched the NFL from noon till 11 p.m." So how does that make Peyton Manning any different than me? Sunday was a day off for me too and I watched football from noon to midnight.

5. Defensive Player of the Week - Jerry Azumah. Another St. Peter-Marian alum. You never read about any pro players (or bloggers for that matter) from Holy Name or St. Johns.

No comments:

Post a Comment