Thursday, November 10, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts from out here in Sothern California.

I'm in San Diego and its raining. Its not supposed to rain in San Diego while I'm out here... Across the bottom of my TV screen I saw that Vitali Klitschko announced his retirement. My first thought was "Doesn't he play center for the Cleveland Cavaliers?" My second thought was "Really - he was the heavyweight champion?" Gone are the days of Ali, Holmes, Frazier, Louis and Marciano.... The Hooters out here advertises that they have clams and oysters inside. I may be childish but I'm amused by that. It would be even more perfect if they advertised clams and tacos... Steven Den Beste talks about the riots in France petering out in part due to attrition caused by the police arresting some of the rioters. While I agree with that assessment - I also have to laugh at the TV reports that show the number of cars being burned per night is decreasing. The TV commenters say this is evidence that the riots are losing steam. I see it as evidence that the rioters are just running out of cars to burn... Terrell Owens has been technically suspended for "conduct detrimental to the team". Hasn't there been enough evidence by now that any player who picks Drew Rosenhaus as his agent is by that very act engaging in "conduct detrimental to the team"?... I find it funny to go into a Hooters and see little kids. Hooters is not a family restaurant... Cigars in CA are taxed too high to enjoy. For example in Massachusetts a Cohiba would cost about $10. In California that same cigar is $20...

No comments:

Post a Comment