Monday, November 28, 2005

Touching All the Bases

I've long meant to add Touching All the Bases to my blogroll. Today Chad Finn has a very good analysis of the Josh Beckett trade.
Ultimately, though, I think this was the appropriate time and place to deal him [Hanley Ramirez]. Prospects are nothing but promises, and one more statistically mediocre season would have taken some of the sheen off Ramirez's superprospect status.
I think the Dodgers would agree with this (think Edwin Jackson) and I would also point out that Beckett is the same age as highly regarded pitching stud Jon Papelbon but Beckett has a World series MVP under his belt.

Recently to the blogroll I have also added:

Michael Yon
Tao of Poker
Hardball Dollars
Samantha Burns
William Stewart

If you have linked to me and I haven't put you on my blogroll - let me know and I'll rectify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment