Monday, November 07, 2005

MMQB Review

Here are the five things I think I think about today's Monday Morning Quarterback by peter King:

1. King says there is only one person to blame for the mess in Philly - "That idiot Terrell Owens." I agree 100%.

2. Dick Vermeil is named as King's coach of the week and I concur. That was a balls of steel move by Vermeil - going for the game-winning TD instead of the game-tying field goal.

3. I diagree here:
For everyone who saw me driving like a crazy banshee Saturday afternoon down the Baltimore Washington Parkway (very nice road, by the way, but it's no Merritt Parkway, for all you East-Coastophiles), I will admit that I violated the law by driving 30 miles over the speed limit and using the breakdown lane for about three miles.
I think the Baltimore Washington Parkway is nicer than the Merritt.

4. WTF?
Wonder how much that weird sock combo will cost Clinton Portis. Did you see those things? One leg was adorned with something Mary Beth would wear on a cold winter night up at Colgate. Same maroon and white colors. I'm guessing $2,500. This isn't his first rodeo, if you know what I mean.
Actually Peter I have no idea what you mean. Not his first rodeo? WTF?

5. In regards to tonight's Patriots / Colts game King had this nugget:
The Colts have a two-game lead over several teams and a three-game lead over New England for home-field advantage in the AFC playoffs. In an interview I did with Tony Dungy for this week's SI, he told me something I considered highly insightful -- that this game is a must-win for the Patriots in the standings, and a must-win for the Colts from a mental standpoint.''
What King considered "highly insightful" (emphasis added) is the same thing talk show callers have been saying for weeks. Yeesh! The mush Peter King also picked the Colts to win and that almost guarantees a Patriot vctory.

No comments:

Post a Comment