Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Great Gatsby

I have read F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby a few times. The first time was for an English class. The next two times because Ernest Hemingway spoke so highly of the book I was sure I was missing something. Each time reading the book felt like a chore to be finished.

I agree completely with this review of the book The Great Gatsby - it just doesn't do anything for me.

For books about the same period in time - give me John Steinbeck's Cannery Row or Hemingway's A Moveable Feast (even though this book wasn't actually published till 1964 - three years after Hemingway's suicide).

I have no desire whatsoever to see the movie.

2 comments:

  1. Farewell To Arms.

    But to your larger point, yeah - not going to see Leo in this flic. The irony of him being cast in this role is worthy of a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more of a Flannery O'Connor kinda guy.

    ReplyDelete