Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Ideas that Can Change Your Life

Shane Parrish had a recent thread on Twitter that simply said,"Name one idea that has changed your life." There was a lot of gold in the responses. Some of my favorites (other than some of the Farnum Street ones I may have already linked to in the past):

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." - Anne Dillard

"If it takes 2 minutes or less do it now. Don't put it off."

"Money's only value is how it allows you to spend your time."

"You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do." - David Foster Wallace

"Our expectations and our fears of our future selves are self fulfilling." (AKA "He who says he can and he who says he can't are both right.")

"Easy choices hard life, hard choices easy life." - Jerzy Gregory

One of my favorites in life was not on the list; "It doesn't count unless you do it." - Doug Stanhope. I always hear this in my head when someone says something like, "I was thinking about doing X" or "Doing Y would be a great idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment