Monday, May 18, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

In the States of Illinois and New Hampshire you are required by law to wear a mask when in public. However, in both those States you are free to ride a motorcycle without a helmet. How does that make any sense?... I would pay good money to watch a re-make of the movie Barfly with Jay Cutler in the Mickey Rourke role... At least in Iowa they are consistent. You aren't required to wear either a mask or a motorcycle helmet... Lee Marvin - Hollywood was different back then. Marvin's big break may have been when John Wayne turned down the lead in The Dirty Dozen opening the door for Marvin's biggest role... Aldous Huxley, C.S. Lewis and John F. Kennedy all died on November 22, 1963. We only remember JFK... "You have to be odd to be number one." - Dr. Seuss. A quote that I have loved on many levels for many years now...

2 comments:

  1. I am not aware of a law here in NH about wearing a mask in public. Maybe in Massachusetts. As to helmet laws, no helmet required as in Maine, I think Connecticut and Rhode Island as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought popped in my head Sunday as I was driving the coast of NH ad Maine. Walked the boardwalks of Hampton and York beaches then got lobster rolls in Cape Porpoise. Saw a guy on a motorcycle not wearing a helmet but wearing a surgical mask. That struck me as odd.

    When I Googled "States that do not require motorcycle helmets" it came back as NH, Illinois, and Iowa.

    ReplyDelete