Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Cam Newton is an NFL QB without a team. Cam Newton is also a vegan. Do you think those two facts are somehow related? I do... "Before you speak, let your words pass through three gates: Is it true? Is it necessary? Is it kind?" - Rumi. A piece of advice I've tried to incorporate into my everyday speech... The FCC will not classify SpaceX's Starlink LEO (low Earth orbit) satellites as "low latency." This will make it tough for Starlink to win any federal broadband funds. This is not necessarily bad news for many reasons... Analysis - true!... Might finally create a non-profit called the Lynch Institute for Thought (LIFT). I would create business cards with me as President and CEO and a Go Fund Me page. All proceeds would go towards books, beer and cigars. Which as we all know are the necessities for proper thought... More good advice, "You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." - C.S. Lewis...

2 comments:

  1. I was always told, before speaking use the THINK model:

    Is what I'm about to say:

    True?
    Helpful?
    Important?
    Necessary?
    Kind?

    My personal philosophy on this has become:

    Does this need to be said?
    Does this need to be said by me?
    Does this need to be said by me right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good philosophy

    ReplyDelete