Monday, May 18, 2020

Currently Reading

Here's the books I'm currently reading.

The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene. The book is both a history of physics and quantum mechanics and also the case for String Theory. About half way done - slow reading because of the material. Reading with a grain of salt because the more time passes by the more skeptical I become about String Theory.






Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Re-reading this for the I don't know how many times. Just felt like picking it back up. About half-way through. In my opinion perhaps the most under-rated of the Harry Potter books.





Things That Matter by Charles Krauthammer. Just started this one and it may take a while. It is a collection of essays and I'm keeping myself to reading at most one essay a day. Feel this is the best way to get the most out of Dr. Krauthammer's prose.

2 comments:

  1. About 15 years or so ago, I remember reading an article that proved that string theory was unprovable. We've had thousands of physicists (mathematicians, really) working on it for over 40 years now, and they're not any closer than they were 20 years ago. But they have created breathtaking new vistas in obscure mathematics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the reasons i'm reading The Elegant Universe is because it came out 20-years ago. I'm trying to grasp if anything has changed or been proven since then.

    My gut is telling me String Theory may be the new Luminiferous Ether

    ReplyDelete