Thursday, July 09, 2020

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Amazon US sellers will have to display their name and business address starting September 1st. Good!

- Lessons from history

- Did not see this twist coming - is Ghislaine Maxwell secretly one of the most powerful Redditors of all-time?

- Normally I don't link to stories on pay sites but the story of Terry Pluto's book Loose Balls really brought a smile to my face. Loose Balls is one of my all-time favorite sports books.

- Stanford is cutting 11 of its 36 varsity sports. This is a school with a $27 BILLION endowment fund.

- Covid-19 deaths in Sweden have dropped to nearly ZERO. As a reminder - Sweden never went into lockdown.

2 comments:

  1. The Amazon change has nothing to do with consumer or anti-fraud measures. It is a work-around of disclosure issues so state and local authorities can scrape the info from the web and go after small fish tax revenue. This is neither honorable nor applause worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't disagree that the new transparency will make it easier for States to collect sales tax but from a consumer point of view I like it. I want to know who I am buying from - if just for the shipping aspect. Normally when faced with a choice I'll pick the vendor closest just because that normally means whatever I'm buying will get to me quicker.

    ReplyDelete