Saturday, February 10, 2024

Clint Eastwood

Today is Clint's birthday (he turns 93 today - can you believe that?). Here are what I consider his Top 5 movies.

1. Outlaw Josey Wales 
2. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly 
3. Dirty Harry 
4. Fistful of Dollars 
5. (tie) Kelly's Heroes (tie) Where Eagles Dare

Really liked Grand Torino but the ones I picked were classics. Also liked The Eiger Sanction but the book was better. The Dirty Harry films didn't make the list because that character became cartoonish as it went along

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Unforgiven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - excellent call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stretch7:49 PM

    Dad traveled a lot for his job. He was certain that on any given night, in any given city, you could find one of the Dollar movies playing on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe it. Like today on most weekends you find one of the Harry Potter movies on a cable channel it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:16 AM

    Not a classic, but I find "Trouble With The Curve" to be one of my favorites. Probably because I get so many curmudgeonous quotes from the dialog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed Trouble with the Curve but I found it a bit predictable. I mean start with the title - and a unknown pitcher striking out a touted hitter is one of the most cliched troupe in sports movies (see Redford striking out the Whammer)

    ReplyDelete