Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Top 5 List - What I'm Really Good At

 "I try to read 1-2 hours a day, and that puts me in the top .00001%." - Naval Ravikant

That quote got me to thinking, "What am I in the top 1% of the US population in?" Or as Scott Adams would say - what's my skill stack? Here's what I came up with:

1. Reading. I have a goal of reading at least an hour a day and usually end up with more. This is books only and doesn't include articles or it would be much higher.

2. Pool - I've been asked a number of times to be on different pool teams and usually play a few times a week. My girlfriend is just as good as she has her own stick too.

3. Fiber - in the FTTH industry for over a decade. Most people don't understand where their broadband comes from - I do.

4. Swimming - doing laps at the gym is a regular thing in my routine. Many people don't even know how to swim.

5. Hiking - another thing part of my regular routine which I want to get better at. Doing a through-hike of the Appalachian Trail has long been on my bucket list.

This is what I came up with and may be missing one. Used to have basketball on the list but tore a hammy long time ago and playing is a distant memory. Want to add golf to the list this year. What's your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment