Friday, June 18, 2010

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The Celtics game almost made me sick last night. Seriously. I had to chew Tums during the whole 4th quarter. Between the Celtics blowing an 11-point lead, the awful offense of the Celtics late in the game, the questionable officials and the ABC announcers openly rooting for the Lakers - I thought I was going to throw-up... I don't see the resemblance either... Doc Rivers tried to keep the team fresh for the playoffs but in the end I think age caught up with the Celtics. There were no hops in Kevin Garnett's legs last night. None at all. He had creaky old knees last night. Ray Allen? When you get worn down your shot is one of the first things to suffer and his shooting was tired last night. Paul Pierce? How many drives to the basket did you see him finish by dunking the ball? I don't care what anyone says - the Celtics showed their age last night and their age didn't have enough left in the tank when it came to the 4th quarter last night... This story is just bizarre. Throwing a puppy at the Hells Angels and then stealing a bulldozer to get away? Bizarre... No team in the AL West has a winning record against teams above .500... Exactly how insane have big banks' risky gambles on derivatives gotten? Check out the jaw-dropping chart. That's scary stuff... One of George W Bush's least heralded accomplishments was the creation of the largest marine sanctuary in the world. Over 84 million acres the sanctuary is larger than 46 of our 50 states. I just bring this up for obvious reasons... World Cup Fever... Did you know that M&M's stands for "Mars & Murrie's," the last names of the candy's founders? I did not know that...

No comments:

Post a Comment