Saturday, November 02, 2013

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I'm pretty sure that Jeremy from those T-Mobile commercials ran away from home. I know I would have... Norway looks so beautiful... Last week I stayed at the Wynn hotel in Las Vegas (beautiful place). One day I noticed a scale in the bathroom and I got on. The scale had me 15 pounds lighter than the last time I weighed myself at the gym (maybe two months ago). I wonder if the scale was accurate (good news) or if it was purposefully set to give a lower reading. If the latter - then that's genius! "Honey the scale says I'm down 5 pounds - lets get room service!"... The Kraft Family (on behalf of the New England Patriots and Revolution) took out a full page ad in the Boston Globe congratulating the Red Sox' World Series victory. I haven't seen anything about an ad in the Herald which is amusing. John Henry owns both the Red Sox and Boston Globe - so the Kraft's weren't just congratulating the Red Sox - they were also giving John Henry's Globe some revenue... This makes me proud to be a St. Peter-Marian alumnus... When I read stories about "protesters" - in my mind I change it to "polyesters". Always improves the story 100%... Black and white cows - is that supposed to be some sort of camouflage? Or proof that God wants people to eat beef?...

2 comments:

  1. Many will live longer than Kyle Gavin, but few of us will be remembered as long or as well as him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill - I should mention that the Doherty head coach Sean Mulchahy is equally classy. Central Mass is lucky to have two such quality men coaching the kids.

    ReplyDelete