Monday, January 21, 2008

Championship Sunday

That's why Philip Rivers is Philip Rivers. - Doherty head football coach Sean Mulchahy.

That's why Tom Brady is Tom Brady. - Internet legend Chris Lynch

There are who we thought they were. - Beer spokesperson Denny Green
I don't think a team winning a spot at the Super Bowl was ever less climatic then the Patriots yesterday. It's kind of sad but it was just expected. I'm sure even jaded New Yorkers went more nuts after the Giants victory than Patriots fans did yesterday.

Just a couple of observations from yesterday's game.

Screw Bill Cowher. In his pregame spot he took the Patriots to task for overlooking the Chargers. His evidence was that Randy Moss had moved his court date in Florida till after the Super Bowl. Cowher took this as evidence that Moss and the Patriots just assume they will be in the Super Bowl. This is the same Bill Cowher who made team reservations in New Orleans for the Super Bowl the week the Steelers were playing the Patriots in the AFC Championship. How did that work out for you coach jawbone? Now he's trying to paint the Patriots with the same brush.

I have to wonder if Tom Brady was sick yesterday. If you saw him on the bench - he always seemed to have his head down as if he wasn't feeling very well.

Has anyone heard from Tiki Barber lately? Who would have thought that Tom Coughlin would last longer as head coach of the Giants than Tiki Barber would last as a TV "personality." Oh I know Barber is still on the air but for how much longer?

I think everyone in the world who bets teased the Patriots with the Packers yesterday. I wonder how many people were astute enough once the Patriots end of the tease came in to take the Giants to try and "middle" the bet? I did. I needed the Packers to win with a field goal for a big payoff but since I took insurance by taking the Giants - I pretty much finished even for the day.

A friend of mine met Pam Oliver once and he told me that you wouldn't believe how big her ass is. Well - after seeing this I wouldn't say it was gigantic but it ain't small.

No comments:

Post a Comment