Saturday, January 19, 2008

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I picked up a book called The History of the World and have started reading it. What I find amusing is that the book has an epilogue - as if the author knows what happens after the world ends... Very well done video on the fall of the Cowboys... The ESPN Sportscenter commercial with Richard Simmons has to be the worst one they ever did. I have to think it was an inside joke / punishment played on the the ESPN News guys. Why else make Brian Kenny front and center in a commercial with Richard Simmons while making Kenny wear a pink shirt.... A question that lingers is whether the Chargers got off to a bad early season start because they were adjusting to new coaches or whether the early season slump was caused by the beatdown they got from the Patriots in week 2? I'm sure it was a little of both but I'd also bet that San Diego is just one early quick score from cowering in a fetal position... Janis Joplin would have turned 65 today. I'm guessing that she wouldn't have aged very well...

No comments:

Post a Comment