Saturday, April 25, 2009

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Back from Vegas and the damage to the wallet wasn't as bad as it could have been. I did spend a night gambling in old Vegas - downtown - and I'm a convert. Just a huge difference in the vibe between the strip and downtown. So many people just stick with the strip and I think that's a huge mistake.... Best beer man ever. I had to watch it three times to get the full effect... I stayed at the Paris for my time in Vegas and I must say the gambling there is awful. First off they got rid of their poker room about 7 months ago. The poker room used to be my main reason for going to the Paris. Their sports book also leaves a lot to be desired. I won't bother going back to the Paris... Separated at birth - Matt Garza and Mentok the Mindtaker... Hearing the late Harry Kalas' voice on the Coors Light commercials with the various football coaches creeps me out... Pick of the day - Derek Lowe and the Braves (-$122) over the Cincinnati Reds...

No comments:

Post a Comment