Friday, June 05, 2009

Crunchberries

Exhibit A that our country is too litigious.
The plaintiff, Janine Sugawara, alleged that she had only recently learned to her dismay that said "berries" were in fact simply brightly-colored cereal balls, and that although the product did contain some strawberry fruit concentrate, it was not otherwise redeemed by fruit.
The first thing that came to mind after reading this story was a Bill Murray quote from the movie Quick Change:
"Up your butt with a coconut!" I think he was prepared to do it! Except I saw no coconut. He, uh, he had no coconut to my knowledge.
I don't know what that quote has to do with the lawsuit but it was the first thing that came into my mind. OK - maybe the first thing that came into my mind was to ask just how stupid this woman was. I also wonder if the lawsuit would have been more successful if she simply claimed that the Captain Crunch product ripped the top of her mouth to shreds?

HT Instapundit

No comments:

Post a Comment