Friday, March 20, 2020

Currently Reading

Self-isolation is supposed to be a chance to read more. Trying my best but instead I seem to be watching more TV. Anyway - here's the books I'm currently reading:


Barbarians at the Gate - the true story of the LBO (leveraged buy-out) of RJR Nabisco. Interesting history and look back at the Wall Street of the late 1980's. Almost finished with this book. One problem I'm having is even though there's pictures of Ross Johnson, the CEO of RJR Nabisco, in my head I keep seeing James Garner who played Johnson in the HBO movie of the same title.






Never Split the Difference - very interesting look at negotiating from real world FBI hostage negotiator Chris Voss. Some excellent tips and observations that can be used in the life of almost anyone. About half-way done with this book. I'm sure I will pick this up and re-read at least a second time. The advice and tips are that good!







Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - just started this book and already I'm hooked. The tale of a pandemic known as the Georgia Flu that collapses civilization. I decided on this book over the choice of re-reading The Plague by Albert Camus. Funnily enough I bought this book after hearing it recommended by Anthony Jeselnik.

No comments:

Post a Comment