Monday, June 14, 2021

Life Advice

"If everyone puts their problems out on the table, you'll pick yours back up real quick." - Chris Bosh

The above quote reminds me of some of the best advice I ever received. My first job out of college was selling business phone systems and one day I was having a particularly difficult time with my cold calling. My sales manager was Bob Campbell who saw I was having a rough time so he asked me to join him outside while he had a smoke. "Chris," he said as he lit up his Marlboro, "I want you to take a close look at the next 20 people who walk past. Now ask yourself if you'd want to swap lives with any of those people." The answer of course was "No" and the exercise help me gain perspective. I've never forgotten that little lesson.

Thought I'd share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment