Sunday, June 06, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events has been made into a movie starring Jim Carey as Count Olaf... Speaking of movies - the trailer for Spiderman II makes it look like a big winner while the trailer for Catwoman gives off Daredevil like vibes... While watching the Red Sox / Royals game today - every time Royals starter Chris George's name was mention my mind would say "Rat Patrol" (which of course starred the actor Christopher George as Sargent Sam Troy)... I think I can speak for all Red Sox fans who watched today's game in saying that I was glad Derek Lowe wasn't sent out to pitch the bottom of the sixth after the Red Sox took the lead in the top half of the inning... According to IMDB.com - the actor Christopher George starred in a movie titled The Day Santa Claus Cried. If true - that has to be the worst title for a movie I think I have ever seen... Mike Mussina improved his record to 7-4 with a win today but his ERA is 4.59 and opponents are hitting better than .300 against him (.304 to be exact)... I don't think you can trust all the information on IMDB.com. For instance take the 1927 movie Wonders of The Unseen World. Given the comment "brilliant flapper flick" and the name of the director - I think you would have to assume this is a joke...

No comments:

Post a Comment