Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

ESPN.com's Page 2 will be dedicated to the best of Ralph Wiley today and I'm willing to bet that many of the Page 2 regulars like Jason Whitlock and Bill Simmons do tributes to him on Wednesday. That's all well and fine but on a practical level I think it would be better if ESPN gave the ad revenue for Page 2 from those two days to a college fund for Wiley's two children... Question for Nancy Kerigan; "What skater did you admire most growing up?" Answer from Nancy: "I watched the guys more than the girl[s] because I enjoyed their strength and their triple jumps. Mark Cockerell inspired me to do the triple-triple when I was fifteen." Nancy just loves Cockerell!... Lee Elia's tirade never grows old... Nancy Kerrigan's dream breakfast would include a fresh croissant, fruit, cheese and tomatos. Tomatos for breakfast? Oh Nancy you rebel... Reese Schonfeld - a co-founder of CNN - has called for greater scrutinization of government news releases from various agencies. Schonfeld wants better fact checking which I think is a good idea. I also think it would be a good idea if CNN (given their history) had to put a disclaimer on all their news feeds that clarifies whether kickbacks were paid to tyrants in order to gain the access for the remote broadcast or whether the reporter has to "report" to foreign government minders before making on-air comments... Nancy Kerrigan - fish killer! "I do not have any pets. We travel too much. It is hard enough to keep a house clean with a five year old, never mind having a pet. Although, we had many goldfish, which have all passed on to a fish heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment