Sunday, June 13, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some Sunday morning "go to meetin'" observations while I have my first cup of java...

Yesterday was a good old fashion butt kicking by the Dodgers but today is another day for the Red Sox. Fiddly-dee-dee... Bartolo Colon continues to be awful. Bartolo "Meet the Klumps" Colon is now sporting a 6.24 ERA and opponents are hitting an even .300 against him... Big Stupid Tommy has some thoughts on how our currency should work... Jim Thome has been on a tear - hitting 5 HR in the past 7 days. He is now just 1 HR away from 400 for his career... All class [sarcasm off]... As bad as Colon has been for the Angels - Kelvim Escobar has been good. I admit that I wasn't too high on Escobar's signing (I thought both Thomson who signed with Atlanta and Batista who signed with Toronto would have been better and cheaper signings). I have no trouble saying I was wrong about Escobar (so far)... I don't understand why some people had such visceral disliking of Creed. I never thought they were that bad (I like some of their songs). Now Styx - there's a band that made my ears bleed... Manny Ramirez needs 2 more runs to have 1,000 for his career... Edgar Martinez needs 2 more doubles to pass Babe Ruth and move into 37th place all-time with 507... OK - who gets spotted in Boston first? Whitey Bulger or Ramiro Mendoza?...

No comments:

Post a Comment