Thursday, June 17, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

I'm about 6% through James Joyce's Ulysses and I must say that Jack Keroac or Allen Ginsburg have nothing on James Joyce. Uylsses is literature on acid before there was acid... Fear and Loathing in Dublin?... Today was a day of endings. It was the end of school for my four kids and my daughter's team lost in the playoffs so it was also the end of softball season... I am amazed at how many Red Sox fans were in Colorado. The Red Sox seemed to get more applause than the home team Rockies... Everytime I'm at a kid's softball or baseball game - I think of the abusive dad skit on SNL starring Will Ferrell... On this date in 1960 - Ted Williams hit his 500th HR in Cleveland... Did you ever sit in church and wonder who the hottest women of the bible were?... Happy 49th birthday to Joe Charboneau and his bottle opening eye-socket... Tomorrow is the first day of summer vacation for the kids - so they get to stay up late tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment