Saturday, June 26, 2004

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Some morning thoughts...

My wife is away for a ladies weekend and I'm watching the kids. I get emails from all sorts of things I've signed up for over the years. This morning I had an email newsletter from Christian History & Biography. The subject line had the question, "To Spank or Not to Spank?" Let's just say that since I was raised Catholic and my wife is away - I mistook the meaning of the question... Johan Santana of Minnesota has quietly taken over the AL lead in pitcher strikeouts with 100... Surprisingly - the AL leader in batting average allowed is Detroit's Nate Robertson with .217 (for comparison Pedro Martinez has a .238 BAA)... The rumors are that Michael Chiklis will play Ben Grimm (aka The Thing) in the movie version of The Fantastic Four... Holy crap! I guess Larry Walker still has some pop in his bat. Walker went 4-4 with 3-HR last night against Cleveland... Is there anyone more feast or famine in baseball than Ichiro? In April he hit .255, in May .400 and now in June he's hitting .274... Whooo Hooo! An Angels first baseman finally hit a home run! Darin Erstad hit his first of the year (and the first for an Angel's 1st bagger since last year)... Tampa Bay is at .500! Tampa Bay is at .500!...

No comments:

Post a Comment