Friday, June 14, 2019

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Interesting - CERN turns to open access software in response to Microsoft raising its fees

- 5 recommended science summer reading books from Jim Al-Khalili. I'm adding two of them to my Wish List

- Sometimes you do think too much

- Some details are emerging from the shooting of David Ortiz. Life seems to be very cheap in the Dominican Republic. I fully expect the suspects to die in prison before they have a chance to testify against whoever hired them.

- Well worth your time lecture by Russ Roberts on the Hidden Harmony of Everyday Life

- Jordan Peterson announces free speech social media platform Thinkspot. This will be interesting to monitor. You have to pay to be on it but it seems the revenue is shared with content creators.

- Heh Heh

No comments:

Post a Comment