Thursday, May 19, 2005

Answering a Meme

I'm dutifully answering a meme from Paulie at the Commons

Q: Total volume of music files on my computer:

236 songs including the Burger King Kid singing a Christmas tune and Lileks take of Howard Dean's scream. I'm more of a CD and radio guy.

Q: The last CD I bought:

The Best of Johnny Cash - The Millennium Collection. I'm not a C&W guy but I have a soft spot for Johnny. The version of The Long Black Veil that Cash does is the best I've heard.

Q: Song playing now:

None. I have SportsCenter on the TV in the other room.

Q: Five songs I listen to a lot, or that mean a lot to me:

Bruce Hornsby - Every Little Kiss, Emerson Lake and Palmer - Nutrocker (used to be the Bruins theme song and I had the band play it at my wedding), Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road (I used to sing this to my kids when they were little and I was trying to "rock" them to sleep), Clash - Straight to Hell (my career path), and Van Morrison - Moondance.

I'm looking for 5 bloggers to continue the meme - so if you'd like to volunteer to answer these 4 questions on your blog - please let me know in the commons and I'll link to your responses on this post.

Cheers

Edit: BST has taken up the challenge
What Attitude Problem? is not to be out done
Kal Jone's took up the challenge - I too have the School House Rocks cd and I heartly endorse The Tale of Mr. Morton version by Skee-Lo
Eric at Offwing Opinion also answered the bell - who knew he was a former DJ? Speechwriter, Chippendale dancer and a DJ? That's versatility!
Lyford makes it five!

Thanks to everyone who helped. This was more fun than I expected. If you also answered the four questions - let one of the above know so they can fill up their five slots. Again - thanks! The responses were much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment