Thursday, June 15, 2006

Stanley Cup Playoffs

Edmonton won 4-3 in OT last night to force a 6th game. The Oilers trail the Huricanes 3 games to 2 and I'm counting on Carolina to close out the series and win the Cup.

Before the playoffs began, Eric McErlain surveyed dozens of hockey fans and I along with 4 others picked Carolina to win it all. One person picked Edmonton. To make things interesting Eric had a donor agree to put up $100 for the person who picked the winner. The $100 is to be donated to the charity of the winner's choice and since 5 people picked Carolina - the single winner will be determined by random drawing.

If Carolina wins and I win the $100 - I will donate it to a fund that has been set up for LAPD Officer Kristina Ripatti, who was paralyzed recently after being shot by a convicted robber and murderer. Even if I don't win the $100 - I'll be making a donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment