Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl Bets

OK - here's my plan for the Super Bowl. Let me know what you think. I appreciate the input.

I plan to make the following bets:

Tease Steelers plus over (Steelers -1 and 40.5 over)
Tease Steelers plus under (Steelers -1 and 52.5 under)
Tease Cards plus over (Cards +13 and 40.5 over)
Tease Cards plus under (Cards +13 and 52.5 under)

Cards moneyline +$210

I think it will be a close game and by doing those teases it creates a 12 point window where the Steelers can win by 2 to 12 points and the total score can fall between 41 and 52 points. If the final score falls within those windows - then I win all four teaser bets. I want to point out that this strategy worked two years ago when the Colts played the Bears.

You are guaranteed to win at least one of the four bets and half the time you win two (making it basically a no bet - just juice). Taking the Cardinals and the moneyline is insurance to basically eliminate the risk involved with an Arizona victory.

I also plan to take heads in the coin toss and take Kurt Warner (-24 yards) to have more passing yards than Big Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment