Monday, September 19, 2011

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

Wow is Tom Brady great. I was too young for Bobby Orr. Wayne Grezky and Michael Jordan played in other cities and as good as Larry Bird was I don't think he was ever at a level that Tom Brady has exhibited in his last two games. This article gives a nice idea of what I'm talking about... I don't care about the Emmy Awards but I did find myself being very happy for Margo Martindale winning for Best Supporting Actress... Tom Brady is on pace for 7,520 yards and 56 TD's. Dan Marino's record of 5,084 yards in a season has lasted 27-years. This is the year it gets broken... Bob Ryan had a very nice tribute to Dave Gavitt. Well worth the read... Why is it that people who claim to be "pro-choice" will ridicule you if your "choice" happens to be to drink Zima?... I might be silly but I think this is funny in any language... I think college football announcers who insist on saying "true freshman" should be forced to also say "true sophomore", "true junior" and "true senior"... When Scott Boras is recruiting a new client - how long do you think does it take for him to mention the fact that he was able to make JD Drew over $94 million for his career? That has to be a huge selling point on his negotiating skill... I will assume that Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Price did not come up with this ad campaign... Whippersnapper would be a good name for a licorice vagina shaped candy or a slang word for a newlywed wife who completely takes away her husband's manhood... Many people are surprised at how good Ryan Fitzpatrick has been but not me. I told you over 6-years ago that Fitzpatrick would be a very good NFL QB...

No comments:

Post a Comment