Friday, September 09, 2011

Runaway! Runaway!


That's my reaction to the President's speech last night. And I don't think I'll be alone.

Last week I joked that Congress would have to pass the President's Bill in order to learn what was in it. I don't think I was far from the truth. Obama kept repeating "Pass it now" and I kept thinking "Wait - has he even sent the bill to Congress yet?" He said that everything in the Bill would be paid for but that doesn't seem to be the case.

The President said that if they didn't pass the Bill that he'd go to every corner of the country to tell the people the Congress isn't helping them. I was really interested in that claim. I can't wait for Obama to try and schedule appearances in Congressional Districts with close races. I can't wait to watch incumbent Democrats to "run away" from him. It was Obama's visit to Massachusetts that put Republican Scott Brown over the top. You can already see the "run away" in Anthony Weiner's old District. That's supposed to be a safe Democrat district and yet the Democratic candidate is running against Obama.

Last night was Obama's last chance. And he blew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment