Monday, June 04, 2018

Linky Links

Stuff I found interesting or amusing and thought I'd share.

- Get the feeling that JR Smith is never going to live this one down

- Benedict Cumberbatch real-life hero

- Am I a bad person for laughing at this?

- Sorry Mr. Einstein Edit - I agree with Borepatch that the letter is most likely a fake.

- TBS could literally get better ratings showing reruns of The Andy Griffith Show

- Evidence of actual man-made climate change

- Cool - how we found the giant squid

2 comments:

  1. I'm skeptical of the Einstein letter. In 1907 a University in a German-speaking area of Switzerland would have corresponded with a German physicist in German. Physics came to be dominated by the US only after WWII when so many German physicists fled to America.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great point! I do know that Einstein was turned down for a number of teaching jobs (like the one at the U of Bern). Checked and the U of Bern's website is in German. So why would that letter be in English?

    This is how you get Fake News!

    ReplyDelete