Friday, June 08, 2018

Anthony Bourdain

"I should have died in my 20's. I became successful in my 40's. I became a dad in my 50's. I feel like I've stolen a car - a really nice car - and I keep looking in the rearview mirror for flashing lights. But there's been nothing yet." Anthony Bourdain

I never met "Tony" but I'm grateful that he was in my life through his TV shows and his writings. He made my life better and the lives of so many others by being that cool uncle who traveled the world and showed us things we'd never see ourselves.

I'm deeply saddened by the news of his passing.

Today and this weekend I will have his shows on TV as background. But as much as I will mourn the man I will celebrate his life. The example he provided and the wisdom he imparted.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:39 PM

    If you haven't already, read his novels. certainly not high art, but better than a lot of the airport/supermarket crap out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought of picking up his novels but to be honest my pile of unread books keeps growing and I don't know how many pages my Amazon wish list is up to these days (I put books I want to red on my Wish List to keep track)

    ReplyDelete