Friday, August 23, 2019

Top 5 - Changes I'd Make to College Football

Here's the top 5 changes I' make to college football.

1. Go back to calling it Division 1 and Division 1-AA. Everyone understood that. Nobody remembers FBS and FCS. I mean Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Championship Subdivision? Come on! Just go back to Division 1 and Division 1-AA.

2. This one's more of a keep the status quo than a change but I agree with Phil Steele and Brother Maynard that the number of teams in the Division 1 Playoffs shall be four.  Eight is right out!  If you want to crown a true champion - the correct number is four. Anything larger than that is just a money grab.

3. Every Bowl Game should have a money prize pool divided into thirds. The winning bowl team would get two-thirds of the prize money and the losing team one-third all to be divided by all the players. I would also do this for the Army-Navy game which brings in big television bucks.

4. UMass should go back to Division 1-AA. Trying to run with the big boys just isn't working or worth it.

5. Stop calling it "Week Zero" - it's contrived and stupid. Not sure who thought this up but they should go back to soda advertising. I'd be happy if I never heard the phrase "Week Zero" ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment