Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

There's only one proper response to anyone who says that "Fredo" is the equivalent to the n-word to Italians. That response is, "Now who's being naive M'Kay."... This year's Red Sox team is actually hitting better than last year's World Series champs. HR, RBI, BA, OPS all up. The problem with this team is obviously the starting pitching... This seems like a good policy... I would be OK with the Red Sox putting David Price on waivers to see if anyone bites on picking up his contract. He's owed $96 million over the next three seasons. If someone wants him let him go. I'll even drive him to the airport... I know it's still summer and not yet close to fall but you know it's only a matter of days till you'll start seeing Pumpkin Spice beer and coffee being advertised. Any day now... This also seems like a good policy... "Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants." - Epictetus... For anyone who is curious how I made out at Saratoga on Saturday - I hit two trifectas. The first one paid $16 (my ticket cost $24) and the second one paid just $36. It was that kind of day but I had fun which is why I go... 

No comments:

Post a Comment