Tuesday, August 06, 2019

Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

I heard about this and checked it for myself. My conclusion is that either critics suck or they were watching the 1987 version with Scott Glenn while the audience rating is for the 2004 Denzel version... "How much has [Tom] Brady earned relative to his peers? It's a trick question. Brady has no peers, as any Patriots fan will tell you." - Mike Sando in The Athletic on Brady's new contract extension. The line just made me chuckle... Cool video. But the video I really want to see is of any attempted copycats... New Coke and Billy Beer (from Jimmy Carter's brother) were famous flops as products but I wonder what a couple cases of either would be worth on ebay right about now... YouTube is the world's top grossing video app with $138 mil in revenue in Q1. Trying to wrap my head around this. I watch YouTube all the time (via my Roku box) but I don't spend a dime on YouTube. Where is all the revenue coming from? Surely not the YouTube TV subscription service... This is cool and for the record I want one. The next step is to have competitive hoverboard cross channel races. I'd watch that in a heartbeat...

No comments:

Post a Comment