Saturday, March 05, 2005

Flotsam and Jetsam

I'm willing to agree that the Gary Payton "trade" and later "re-signing" plus the acquisition of Prodigal Son Antoine Walker was a masterstoke on the part of Celtics GM Danny Ainge. I think the Celtics are in good hands with Aigne and Doc Rivers.... My friend Bill has a pet peeve with people using the term "masterpiece". By definition a show or collection can only have ONE master-piece. People who say every piece is a "masterpiece" are by definition incorrect. I've sorta adopted Bill's peeve as my own... Now that the Browns have jettisoned Kelly Holcomb - my guess on who the Cleveland Browns will go after to be their starting QB? I say Tim Rattay of the 49ers. The Patriots coaching staff had Rattay and Tom Brady rated exactly equal before drafting Brady. I bet that fact stuck in Romeo Crennel's head... Interesting - from today's Boston Globe - new Patriots' CB Duane Start on former coach Dennis Green in Arizona, "Dennis didn't talk too much to the players. Nobody really had a good relationship with him except Emmitt Smith."...

No comments:

Post a Comment