Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Baseball Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous baseball thoughts and observations.

The Red Sox signed Alex Gonzalez to play shortstop. They gave him a one year deal for $3 million. Count me among those who see this signing as unnecessary. I think the combination of Alex Cora and Dustin Pedria would have been just fine. Personally I think that $3 million would have been better spent on a mid-season contract pick-up... File this under double WTF? Mike Piazza signs with the Padres after the Padres traded Mark Loretta for Doug Mirabelli - WTF? Kevin Millar will make more money this year than Mike Piazza - WTF?... How good is the Red Sox bullpen?... Jake Westbrook for Austin Kearns? If I'm the Reds - I don't make that deal. I trade Kearns for a few prospects and sign Jeff Weaver to a one year deal (like the one Millwood signed with the Indians last year). I also don't see why the Indians make this deal. Didn't they just trade for Jason Michaels?... How is Zach Duke going to do in his second season? Here's a pretty good guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment