Thursday, February 16, 2006

Washington Post

For the past few days I've been reading the sports section of the Washington Post. They have some good writers but it is strange for me to read a sports section that is so geared to college and even high school sports.

The biggest thing that stands out for me about the Washington Post sports section though is the fact that they don't include the "latest lines" anywhere in the section. So I went all yesterday not knowing how many points George Washington was favored over UMass last night (this bothered me more than you might expect).

I find it pretty funny that the Post does not allow betting lines in the section but it does allow advertisements for "massage parlors". This morning I counted 17 advertisements alone. Most of the parlors have Asian names and you would have to be naive to not know what these establishments are charging for.

Is it just me that finds this amusing or is the fact that the moral compass of the Washington Post says betting is bad but getting a happy ending not so much funny to others as well?

No comments:

Post a Comment