Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Touching All the Red Sox Bases

Chad Finn basically covers everything I was thinking about the Red Sox in his latest Touching All the Bases. I will quibble somewhat on one thing:
So the Sox are six back in the wild-card and nine in the division with 24 games left to play. While stranger things have happened, I'd say the more reasonable among us agree that the 2006 playoffs will go on without the Boston Red Sox' participation. And you know what? I find myself feeling strangely fine about this.
The Red Sox have just enough games left with the White Sox and Twins to make you say that you don't believe even though you still harbor hope - a hope you know is silly to hold. That hope will seem real at some point in the next month only to be dashed and leave you feeling like a fool for falling for Lucy and her football trick once more.

That's what being a Red Sox fan is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment