Sunday, August 03, 2008

NFL Flotsam and Jetsam

Miscellaneous NFL thoughts and observations.

I'm in a few fantasy football leagues and I think I'll be hard pressed to pick a single player from the San Diego Chargers. Yes that includes LaDainian Tomlinson and Philip Rivers. My gut tells me that both players have peaked and are due for an off-year, a decline or an injury. Sorry but that's what my gut tells me. Sure Antonio Gates and Nate Kaeding might be worth a pick at TE or K but in general both players are over-rated and better values can be found elsewhere.... The same may hold true for Kansas City. It's not that I think their "talent" is due for a let-down. I just don't think much of the talent. Of course Herm Edwards is also perhaps the worst coach in the league (Norn Turner "fans" may beg to argue). Maybe take a risk on receiver Dwayne Bowe or the defense... After looking over the Oakland Raiders roster - I find myself on the verge of a no-AFC West player boycott altogether... OK - maybe if the Denver Broncos' Jay Cutler or Selvin Young are available at the right time I'll end up taking a player or two from the AFC West...

No comments:

Post a Comment