Saturday, October 01, 2011

Flotsam and Jetsam Terry Francona Edition

Miscellaneous thoughts and observations.

The departure of Terry Francona from the Red Sox has made me seriously re-evaluate the team. I discovered that I really only find Dustin Pedroia and Jacoby Ellsbury likable enough to root for. If honest - this Red Sox team is truly unlikable. Blow it up... Heh heh... I saw the Catching Hell 30 for 30 film on Steve Bartman. I couldn't help but think of it as a modern retelling of Hawthorne's The Scarlet Letter. Bartman is so Hester Prynne - making one mistake which society does not let them forget... So when does the Hitler in a Bunker learns Francona was fired video come out?... And if I as a die-hard Red Sox fan find this team unlikable now - imagine how bad it will get when the stories about the bad behavior starts leaking out in dribs and drabs... The idea for this movie is pure genius - Tucker and Dale vs Evil.... Ph studies show that vaginas should smell like vaginas - not like flowers or Red Sox starting pitchers... Hello New York Mets front office - yes I'd like to pitch a John Lackey and Josh Reddick for Jason Bay deal. (I like Reddick but you have to throw something into the mix to get a team to take Lackey)... Foo Fighters and Roger Waters perform In the Flesh - one of my favorite Pink Floyd songs... I think history will show that Terry Francona got out of Boston at the right time. I wish him nothing but the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment